The University of Southern Queensland is now inviting deserving candidates for its exciting CSIRO Data61 PhD international awards. The studentship is open for the academic year 2022/2023. The funding opportunity assists talented and deserving students who want to commence a PhD degree programme. The grant is available for both international and domestic students.
The University of Southern Queensland is ranked number one in Australia for graduate starting salaries and student experience. USQ is dedicated to developing global research solutions.
Why study at the University of Southern Queensland? At USQ, applicants will have the full support of the faculty and teachers in building a bright future and achieving their goals. For students at all levels of study, the university offers excellent on-campus and online learning programmes.Application Deadline: November 5, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Southern Queensland
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Stipend
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and domestic students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You have completed a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with First Class Honours, or equivalent level
- Students have applied, or currently enrolled in the PhD at USQ
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen, or an international student already residing within Australia
- Have demonstrated knowledge and experience in using machine learning and deep learning models with solid expertise in using the relevant architectures for implementations.
- Have demonstrated manuscript/research proposal preparation skills, including a solid track record of refereed research publications in top machine learning and deep learning venues.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: First applicants have to take admission at the University of Southern Queensland for the PhD degree programme. After that, they can apply through the online portal for this grant.
- Supporting Documents: Students will be required to send the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Education qualifications (testamur and academic transcripts for all undergraduate and postgraduate awards)
- List of any research presentations and/or publications
- Documentation confirming citizenship/current presence in Australia.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: A good command of the English language is required to study in Australia. You will need to be able to produce an assessment in English to a satisfactory standard.
The University of Southern Queensland will provide the following study expenses:
- Stipend valued at the 2022 base rate of AUD $28,854 and/or top-up scholarship of AUD $10,000 per annum;
- Full tuition fees for a period of 6 semesters (full-time equivalent). Domestic students will be allocated a Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset Place, whereas international students will be offered an International Fees Research Scholarship
- Operating expense support of up to $5,000 learning and development funding over the term of the scholarship to support your research and future career
- Access to world-class research facilities and excellent tools, support and resources to bring your research to life
- Connect into an inclusive culture where the diversity of people, experiences, and views are valued and where you will use your skills to help solve complex national and global problems.