Location: Hobart, TAS, AU
- Are you a qualified HSE professional looking for your next challenge?
- Can you provide support, coaching and guidance to business units?
- Apply today to join CSIRO today!
The CSIRO Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team partners with all levels of the organisation coaching and influencing to make HSE personal. We provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and HSE culture.
In this exciting role you will report to one of the HSE Managers as well as working as part of the broader HSE team. You will be responsible for delivering HSE services by providing tailored technical and specialist HSE support and being involved in developing and delivering strategic HSE programs to enhance CSIRO’s HSE and wellbeing culture focusing on the sector and supporting the HSE team. To be successful in this position you will need to be able to work flexibly, supporting multiple businesses at a site, regardless of reporting lines.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE plan through the planning and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives, with a focus on organisational consistency across CSIRO sites.
- Contributing to HSE projects and positively challenging the status quo to influence continual HSE improvement across the organisation.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with site work groups, understanding their unique HSE needs and making recommendations to guide management decisions.
- Contributing to a cohesive, collaborative and innovative HSE team, providing hands-on HSE practical support to operational staff, and liaising with the HSE team.
- Coaching and educating staff through knowledge sharing across relevant organisational teams, utilising best practice and communities of practice to enhance the overall HSE performance.
- Endorsing HSE culture and leading by example, acknowledging and promoting behaviours to enable a positive and proactive HSE culture across the business.
Location: Hobart, TAS
Salary: AU$87k – AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary degree in a related discipline such as Science, Health, Safety & Environment, risk management, or equivalent relevant work experience. At least 3-5 years demonstrated experience in HSE management within large or complex organisations.
- The proven ability to understand stakeholder priorities and contribution in the design, delivery, and implementation of strategies to improve HSE, as well as work collaboratively and build strong relationships with all HSE teams and stakeholders.
- Experience enabling positive organisational change, by advising strategies, goals, and priorities, and driving culture change in health and safety. Ability to embrace ambiguity and positively persist towards an end goal.
- Interpersonal skills of being respectful, collaborative, builds trust, listens, and using discussions to find common ground. Communicates clearly, both in orally and in writing.
- A history of collaborating and building strong relationships with stakeholders and other HSE teams to promote the desired culture and achieve team objectives.
- A high level of comfort interpreting legislation and regulatory standards to proactively identify problems and appropriately respond to issue and exposure to HSE hazard management. Prior experience in using this knowledge to contribute to clear advice and implementation of a consistent HSE message across the organisation.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
18 November, 11:00pm AEST